Approach to Web Design & Development Services
Noesis Design Studio is committed to providing professional website design services to its clients, as well as outstanding service and support.
- The website design process begins with a thorough review and understanding of client needs
- Client satisfaction is the top priority
- Open communication is encouraged
- Clients receive regular progress reports
- A private temporary website is created for clients so they can view and comment on their website throughout the design and development process
- Project files are maintained and made available to clients on an indefinite basis
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an organization that develops standards to promote the World Wide Web’s evolution and ensure its interoperability. A primary W3C objective is to standardize website production by promoting the use of HyperText Markup Language (HTML) to structure content and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for layout.
Standards-compliant websites offer a number of advantages compared to non-compliant designs:
- Web pages load faster
- Websites and pages are easier and less costly to maintain
- Search engine visibility and ranking is typically enhanced
- They are accessible to the highest possible number of browsers and devices
- Compliance with today’s standards ensures compatibility with tomorrow’s browsers and devices
Noesis Design Studio fully supports the standards issued by the W3C. NDS websites are produced using HTML and CSS in accordance with the W3C standards, and are validated using the W3C’s validation tools.
Quality Assurance (QA) is an important aspect of web design. A comprehensive program is in place to test the website throughout the design process and before the final design is handed over to the client. The QA program includes the following components:
- HTML markup and CSS validation
- Testing of all programming features
- Navigation system and link testing
- Multi-browser compatibility testing
- Monitor size and screen resolution testing
- Review of all graphic elements for visual quality, color accuracy, alignment, and download time
- Editorial review of all text elements for spelling, grammar, readability, and consistency of word usage
- Accessibility testing
- Usability testing
The QA program is designed to test the integrity of the website’s content and functionality. The overriding goal is to ensure the website meets the needs of the client and site visitors.
Accessibility focuses on making websites available to as many people as possible, particularly those with visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, and neurological disabilities. Accessibility standards are provided by the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Designing for accessibility means ensuring that:
- Text is easy to understand
- Graphic content and colors are unambiguous to visually impaired users
- Images and multimedia content include meaningful text alternatives
- Acronyms and abbreviations are explained
- The navigation system is logical and easy to follow
- HTML is semantically correct, logical, and valid
Noesis Design Studio helps ensure accessibility by designing client websites with accessibility and usability in mind.